Thursday, January 22, 2015

(Reproduced from my Dayre)

Lately, everyone's been filing for graduation, and when that thought comes to mind, I feel bittersweet.
Sometimes I wish I had a super fantastic university life to attest to, but I know I don't because I remember it wasn't all that perfect. I remember the nights that I had to cry myself to sleep because law school was so difficult on all counts. Did I wish that I could graduate immediately then? I sure did, and I still do. 
Bidding still scares me every single semester. Class part still haunts me even till today and grouping for project still leaves me disappointed. 
Nevertheless, I dare say that if times weren't as difficult as they were, I probably wouldn't be as humbled or grown as much as I have (literally).
Would I have had it any other way? I honestly don't know. But I guess sometimes I do wish that I could share in Jon's sentiments that SMU was the best thing, because it just wasn't? I wish university was something I could have looked back on and remember that "hey it was fun" because for the large part of it, it wasn't, tbh. 
And I guess sometimes I still don't really understand why my university life wasn't as great.
But I count my blessings, and I don't deny that even being able to get into law school is a blessing in disguise. I did meet my fair share of nice people, friends that I intend to have as my (um) bridesmaid. I also did get to see the world because of exchange. And I did meet Jon as well. And I cannot discount all these as part of my university education and what SMU gave to me. 
So I guess I am thankful for my SMU education, and that I survived all the way till my last semester. But I guess a part of me will always wish that some nights were easier. And I'm just glad it's (almost) over.

No comments: